- This event has passed.
Beer School: Alberta vs The World
April 27 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$55.00
14 Beers, 7 Rounds.
In each round you’ll be blind tasting an Alberta beer and a beer from outside Alberta of the same style.
You vote for your favourite, we tally up the votes and see how Alberta beer fares against the World.
And you’ll also being enjoying a delicious pizza from The Green Bean Java Bistro with each match-up.
Join us for a great, interactive night out!
Match-ups and pizza pairings:
1. Wheat Beer: Blanche de Chambly (Quebec) vs Troubled Monk Buck Tooth (Red Deer)
2. Sour: Brjansi no 52 Sour Ale (Iceland) vs Dandy Wild Sour (Calgary)
Pizza: Ham and Pineapple
3. Pale Ale: Nogne O Asian Pale Ale (Norway) vs Annex Ale Project Forward Progress (Calgary)
Pizza: Butter Chicken
4. Porter: De Ranke Back to Black (Belgium) vs. Analog Power Up Porter (Edmonton)
Pizza: Italia Meat
5. Vienna Lager: Hirter Morchl Dark Austrian Lager (Austria) vs. Inner City Hub and Spoke Vienna Lager (Calgary)
Pizza: Pepperoni and Italian Cheese
6. West Coast IPA: Rogue Outta Line IPA (Oregon) vs. Folding Mountain Morraine West Coast IPA (Hinton)
Pizza: Mexican Meatball
7. New England IPA: Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing Called Love NEIPA (California) vs. Blindman Longshadows IPA (Lacombe)
Pizza: Chicken Volcano